Welcome – The IADC World Drilling Conference goes virtual!
IADC World Drilling 2020, the leadership event for wells professionals, will explore our industry’s challenges and opportunities from a strategic, leadership perspective. The conference will examine improving the value proposition from multiple perspectives – technology, diversity, contracting, collaboration, digital solutions, and more for all stakeholders. Through high-level panels and speakers and through cutting-edge technical papers, the conference will chart each inflection point and trace the path to the industry’s future.
Photos From Last Event
2019 Event Demographics
Registrants by Job Title
- Quality, Health, Safety & Environment
- Drilling & Completion Engineer
- Company Owner/Corporate Officer
- Completion Engineer
- Drilling and/or Completion Operations
- Drilling Engineer
Registrants by Company Type
- Equipment Manufacturer
- Independent Oil Producer
- Land Drilling Contractor
- Land/Offshore Drilling Contractor
- Land/Offshore Well Servicing Contractor
- Major Oil Producer
- Offshore Drilling Contractor
- Oilfield Service/Consultant
- National Oil Company
- Trade/ Professional Association
Registrants by Location
We thank you for your support!
The International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC) is a non-profit organization. Income from this event will be invested back into other IADC initiatives we develop to serve the drilling industry to connect, share knowledge, tackle common problems and develop solutions to critical issues in different parts of the world. By participating in an IADC event you will be improving and supporting your own industry.
IADC provides web links as a member service. IADC does not warranty or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, content, or advertisements contained on websites linked to IADC.org or any of its subsidiary pages.
Virtual Event Only
- Registration fee: € 400,-
- Federal government employees may be eligible for a 50% discount on conference registration.
- Speakers, sponsors and guests are not eligible for online registration.
(Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the correct registration form)
- No refunds will be made for cancellations 30 days prior to the conference date.
Complimentary press registration is limited to one (1) person per company. This individual must be a titled editor, writer, reporter or other bona fide editorial representative of a legitimate industry or consumer publication. Publishers and sales and marketing specialists are excluded from this complimentary registration practice and must pay the full conference registration fee to attend an event.
Need Help? Europe@iadc.org / + 31.24.675.2252
TUESDAY, 8 DECEMBER 2020
14.00 CEST Welcome & Introduction
- Jason McFarland, President, IADC
- Presentation of IADC Exemplary Service Award – Hege Kverneland
IADC Exemplary Service Awards recognize individuals’ notable for outstanding contributions to the drilling industry and to IADC. Recipients have, during their career, repeatedly demonstrated their commitment to improving the drilling industry and advancing its safety, training, or technology.
- Julie Robertson, 2020 IADC Chair; Chairman of the Board, Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors, Noble Corporation
- Johana Dunlop, SPE Technical Director – HSE, Affiliate – Schlumberger Professional Societies Program
14.20 CEST Keynote Presentation: Khalil Abderrazak – Vice President Drilling & Wells, Total
14.50 CEST Panel Discussion: Global Market Outlook
Moderator: Josselin Gere, Director, Europe/Africa, Transocean
This panel will bring together leading market analysis and investment community expertise together with senior management from both offshore and onshore drilling communities to discuss today’s industries fundamentals.
- Kevin Neveu, President & CEO, Precision Drilling
- David Phillips, Managing Director, Head of Equity Research, Developed Europe Global Research, HSBC Bank plc
- Terry Childs, Director RigLogix, Westwood Global Energy
15.50 CEST Break
16.00 CEST Panel Discussion: Covid-19 Challenges & Lessons Learned
Moderator: Erik Roesen Larsen, Head of HSSE Operations, Maersk Drilling
- Pandemic Lessons Offshore: Dr. Robina McCann, Corporate Medical Doctor, Seadrill
- COVID-19 a Year in, What Did We Learn?: Olav Skår, Safety Director, IOGP
- From Reactive to Proactive in Pandemic Times: Martin Windfeld Velin, Head of HR Operations, Maersk Drilling
17.00 CEST Adjourn
WEDNESDAY, 9 DECEMBER 2020
14.00 CEST Welcome & Introduction: Lars Nydahl Jorgensen, Regional Director – Europe, IADC
14.05 CEST Keynote Presentation: Anton Dibowitz, Chief Executive Officer & President, Seadrill
14.30 CEST Panel Discussion: Social and Environmental Responsibility
Moderator: Lamberto Nonno, Global HSE Leader, Baker Hughes
In a low-carbon future, is natural gas invited to the dinner table or will it be on the menu?
What is the role of our industry in the low-carbon emission energy transition? What are the transition paths, opportunities, and challenges? Are we ready to change or will we be overtaken by the transformation?
With the oil and gas industry facing the challenge of maintaining a long-term license to operate, we will be asking prominent Leaders representing different perspectives, what are the Objectives, Technologies and Policies that will drive the energy transition; and discuss with them in what order and weight they will be encouraging change. Let’s understand together where we are now in the transition and how Gas & Oil companies and suppliers can respond to the challenge and thrive outside their comfort zone.
For the conversation, the following Leaders will join us:
- Allyson Anderson Book, Vice President Energy Transition, Baker Hughes
- Olivier Branellec, CFR Manager for Drilling & Wells, Total
15.30 CEST Break
15.40 CEST Panel Discussion: People – Attract, Develop & Retain!
Moderators: Brian Woodward, Director – Operational Excellence, Noble Drilling Services, & Shane Marchand, Vice President Marketing, Helmerich & Payne
Over the past decade we have witnessed periods of unprecedented expansion and contraction in our workforce. As a result, there has been a steep reduction in students seeking degrees related to the oil and gas field. At the same time, however, new talent is needed to drive further innovations and performance improvements. This panel discussion will address attracting the next-generation workforce, development of both new and existing personnel, and retention of employees within the company and industry.
- Steven Harris, Global Head of Wells Heath, Safety, Security and Environment, Lloyd’s Register
- Olav Vorup Jensen, Head of People Skills, Maersk Training
- Saad Imtiaz, Lead Engineer Field Services, Baker Hughes
- Ken Fraser, Founder and Chairman, Norwell
16.40 CEST Data Analytics and Remote Monitoring – How to Get Value
Session Chair: Marta Lafuente, Business Development Manager, National Oilwell Varco
DrillX Program: Data Analytics for Drillers, to Improve Even Further Total Safety and Operational Performances: Nicolas Baudouin, Head of DrillX Program, Remi Banquet, Guillaume Morash, Vincent Milville, Total
Discover DrillX program, Total Drilling & Wells Division data analytics program, within which a transverse team of Drillers, Data Scientists and Developers deliver and deploy, in Agile mode, new proprietary algorithms for monitoring and analyzing in real time drilling operations, including predictive analysis by Machine Learning, to significantly improve the safety and performances of its drilling operations.
A New Operating Model Leads to Success in Mauritania and Senegal: Hunter Fontenot, Drilling Engineer, Thomas Bond, Mohamed Abu Ahmed, Nicholas Mutch, BP
BP has successfully delivered its first drilling campaign in Mauritania and Senegal using a new Global Well Planning (GWP) operating model for managing drilling projects out of its Sunbury business hub. This presentation will provide detail into the organization structure of the GWP model, the information technology infrastructure required to support the operations and lessons from campaign.
Cloud-based Analytics Using Real-Time Drilling Data Support Increased Automation: Ross Philo, CEO, Philip Neri, Energistics
The presentation will define the data, analytic, decision and action processes for rig automation, followed by the data flows and the data standards governing real-time and cloud. The issues raised by the limitations of non-standard or legacy real-time data transmittal implementations when working with cloud infrastructure will be covered, with an overview of the current state-of-the-art.
17.40 CEST Adjourn
Conference Program Committee
- Adebayo Aremu, KCA Deutag Drilling
- Nuno Correia, Valaris
- Gordon Donald, Northern Offshore Ltd.
- Markus Doschek, OMV E&P
- Daniel Elias, GALP Energia
- Bjørn B. Engedal, Equinor
- Diego Ferrandes, Drillmec SpA
- Josselin Gere, Transocean
- Morten Kelstrup, Maersk Drilling
- Marta Lafuente, NOV Grant Prideco
- Shane Marchand, Helmerich & Payne IDC
- Celine Martin, Total
- Rob Munger, BP
- Lamberto Nonno, Baker Hughes
- Franco Pandolfi, Saipem
- Miguel Sanchez, Nabors
- Gerhard Thonhauser, TDE Group
- Guido van den Bos, National Oilwell Varco
- Brian Woodward, Noble Corporation
- Lars Nydahl Jorgensen, IADC
- Leesa Teel, IADC
Virtual Exhibition Opportunities
The virtual IADC World Drilling Conference & Exhibition is the perfect opportunity for you to position yourself in front of the International Drilling Industry.
We offer you the opportunity to exhibit through an exhibition landing page which includes:
- Company name, logo, details, and biography
- Key products & services
- Embedded video
- Google maps
- Easy buttons for Call/Email/Website
- Company social media pages
- See example: iadc.org/exhibitor-your-company-name/
Your virtual exhibition landing page will be made available/recognized at:
- Conference website
- E-broadcasts to targeted audience (± 10.000)
- Recognition in advertisements and any marketing for the conference
- Recognition in the confirmation e-mail to all conference delegates
- Virtual announcement throughout the event
- Included in conference proceedings
- Included in online onsite conference program
The costs for a virtual exhibition landing page is EURO 1500,- including 2 complimentary event passes (EURO 400,-) and 2 discounted (50%) passes.
Interested? Please download the letter of agreement and return it to us at email@example.com
Questions? Please contact us at +31 24 675 2252 / firstname.lastname@example.org
There are four levels of sponsoring: Diamond sponsors, Platinum Sponsors, Gold Sponsors, and Silver Sponsors. Event sponsorships are also available and will be categorized by monetary contribution with the appropriate level of sponsorship. Please find the benefits of the sponsor packages below. The conference sponsor will receive high profile recognition before, during and after the conference.
*Comps refer to number of complimentary registration
Note: no refunds for cancellations of sponsorships will be issued.