Although the Middle East market has remained resilient through the downturn, this region continues to face challenges around workforce development, drilling efficiency, safety and security, and equipment maintenance. The 2020 IADC Drilling Middle East Conference & Exhibition will bring together industry leaders and drilling professionals to discuss such challenges and share best practices. Cutting-edge technology advances, including drilling automation, will be featured, as will case studies of relevant technical achievements. The premier event also will highlight evolving approaches to safety and training, providing practical information on new tools and processes that can be used to improve HSE performance.
2019 Event Demographics
Registrants by Job Title
- Quality, Health, Safety & Environment
- Company Owner/Corporate Officer
- Completion Engineer
- Drilling Engineer
- Drilling & Completion Engineer
Registrants by Location
Registrants by Company Type
- Equipment Manufacturer
- Land Drilling Contractor
- Land/Offshore Drilling Contractor
- Major Oil Producer
- Trade/Professional Association
- Offshore Drilling Contractor
- Oilfield Service/Consultant
We thank you for your support!
The International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC) is a non-profit organization. Income from this event will be invested back into other IADC initiatives we develop to serve the drilling industry to connect, share knowledge, tackle common problems and develop solutions to critical issues in different parts of the world. By participating in an IADC event you will be improving and supporting your own industry.
IADC provides web links as a member service. IADC does not warranty or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, content, or advertisements contained on websites linked to IADC.org or any of its subsidiary pages.
COVID-19 Safety Updates & Information
Venue & Hotel
Marriott Hotel Downtown Abu Dhabi
Address: Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed St – Al TibbiyaW13-01 – Abu Dhabi – UAE
Phone: +971 2304 7777
Prices: Deluxe Room, Single Occupancy: AED 475.00 / Double Occupancy: AED 475.00, inclusive of all applicable service charges, local fees and taxes. Breakfast included.
Make a reservation using this link
NOTE: The negotiated room block will be released by the 13th of November, please make your bookings timely to be ensured of a sleeping room. After this date rooms are upon availability.
If cancelled between 3 to 1 day prior to the arrival date- 1 night cancellation charge will apply. Same day cancellations or No shows- full room night stay will be charged.
Please note that there are several 3rd party companies actively approaching conference delegates and exhibitors by phone and email trying to sell hotel rooms at the contracted hotel for a cheaper rate than the published rate on this conference website. Please note that these companies do not represent IADC or the hotel, nor has IADC or the hotel authorized them to use their names or trademarks on information they send out to exhibitors and delegates.
To avoid being a victim of fraud, please do not give out your credit card details to any other party and be sure to make your hotel reservations exclusively through the contracted hotel.
- Registration fee: USD 950 Member / USD 1187 Non-Member.
- Employees of federal regulatory agencies may be eligible for a 50% discount on conference registration.
- Speakers, sponsors and guests are not eligible for online registration.
(Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the correct registration form)
- In order to receive a letter of invitation, IADC requires payment via Wire Transfer. The wire transfer information is included on the registration form.
(Complete the Conference Registration Form PDF above)
- No refunds will be made for cancellations 30 days prior to the conference date.
Complimentary press registration is limited to one (1) person per company. This individual must be a titled editor, writer, reporter or other bona fide editorial representative of a legitimate industry or consumer publication. Publishers and sales and marketing specialists are excluded from this complimentary registration practice and must pay the full conference registration fee to attend an event.
Need Help? Europe@iadc.org / + 31.24.675.2252
Call for Abstracts
The Call for Abstracts has expired.
Authors of papers selected will receive confirmation letters and guidelines by the 1st of July 2020.
Please check back.
Conference Program Committee
- Ahmed Abdelhady, Shelf Drilling
- Walid Abed, Baker Hughes
- Said Abdullah Al Mahrooqi, Petroleum Development Oman
- Abdullah S. Al Marri, Saudi Aramco
- Ghassan Al Muhanna, Bahrain Petroleum Company
- Salman Ansari, Sakson Drilling & Oil Services DMCC
- Wayne Bauer, Vantage Drilling
- Gary Castell, Cansco
- Peter Cunnion, Northern Offshore Drilling
- Raymond Dunn, Noble Corporation
- Mike Edmonson, National Services and Drilling Company
- Mohammad Eljaber, National Oilwell Varco
- Salaheddin Elkatatny, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals
- Marty Fitzgerald, Aro Drilling
- Joey Husband, Nabors Drilling
- Derek Kent Valaris plc
- Nick McBride, ARO Drilling
- Rob Munger, BP
- Manoj Raghavan, KCA Deutag
- Mike Simpson, Cansco
- Jeff Smith, BP
- Mike Strauss, Ensign Energy Services
- Salaheddin Turki, ADNOC Drilling
- Atilla Vasvary, H&P IDC
- Kees van de Vrede, Dubai Petroleum
- Mike DuBose, IADC
- Hisham Zebian, IADC
Cost for the 3 x 2 meter Table Top Space + 2 complimentary registrations is USD 3.000.
The space will be set with a skirted table (size 180 cm wide x 45 cm deep, 80 cm height), two chairs and access to electricity. With the space, you receive 2 complimentary/free conference registrations and up to 2 additional registrations at half price (USD 475).
- You may tear down your booth space on Tuesday 15 December after 16.00 hours.
- The exhibitor space is a 3 x 2 meter area. Maximum height is 2,5 meters. It will be set with a skirted table (size 180 cm wide x 45 cm deep, 80 cm height) and two chairs with access to electricity. Please do not exceed the given space as the exhibition area will be limited.
- Wall space for signs/banners will not be available. All signs/banners must be affixed to the table or free standing.
- All personnel working the exhibition must be registered.
Exhibitions at IADC events will be limited to showcasing products and services that advance technology, competency or HSE. Exhibitions centered on recruitment or employment should not take space at IADC events. IADC Membership is mandatory for booking an exhibition space at this event. Non-members will receive an USD 200 discount on their IADC Membership when booking exhibition space. IADC Exhibitions will solely be visited by conference attendees. Non-conference attendees are not allowed to enter the exhibition area.
For more information and exhibition bookings please contact us at email@example.com or phone: +31.24.675.2252.
Reservations can be made by completing the letter of agreement and returning it by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Space applications will be confirmed after receiving the signed letter of agreement and payment of the invoice. We will include your company in all marketing activities after receipt of payment.
Exhibition space is being allocated on a first come, first served basis!
There are four levels of sponsoring: Diamond sponsors, Platinum Sponsors, Gold Sponsors, and Silver Sponsors. Event sponsorships are also available and will be categorized by monetary contribution with the appropriate level of sponsorship. Please find the benefits of the sponsor packages below. The conference sponsor will receive high profile recognition before, during and after the conference.
*Comps refer to number of complimentary registration
Note: no refunds for cancellations of sponsorships will be issued.