Worldwide tax issues affecting the drilling and producing industry will be addressed at the IADC International Tax Seminar. IADC tax seminars are geared to both specialists and non-specialists. Continuing education credits will be offered for tax specialists.
2019 Event Demographics
Registrants by Job Title
- Company Owner/Corporate Officer
- Completion Engineer
- Drilling and/or Completion Operations
Registrants by Company Type
- Equipment Manufacturer
- Land Drilling Contractor
- Land/Offshore Drilling Contractor
- Offshore Drilling Contractor
- Offshore Well Servicing Contractor
- Oilfield Service/Consultant
Registrants by Location
We thank you for your support!
The International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC) is a non-profit organization. Income from this event will be invested back into other IADC initiatives we develop to serve the drilling industry to connect, share knowledge, tackle common problems and develop solutions to critical issues in different parts of the world. By participating in an IADC event you will be improving and supporting your own industry.
IADC provides web links as a member service. IADC does not warranty or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, content, or advertisements contained on websites linked to IADC.org or any of its subsidiary pages.
Virtual Event Only
*Zoom log-in details will be sent to all registered attendees on Tuesday, 10 November.
Virtual Registration Fee: $300
Advanced registration closes on Tuesday, 10 November.
IADC/SPE/PESA/IAGC members only. No prerequisites are required.
CPEs will be available for this event!
Complimentary press registration is limited to one (1) person per company. This individual must be a titled editor, writer, reporter or other bona fide editorial representative of a legitimate industry or consumer publication. Publishers and sales and marketing specialists are excluded from this complimentary registration practice and must pay the full conference registration fee to attend an event.
Need Help? firstname.lastname@example.org / +1.713.292.1945
Strategizing Through Constant Change
*All times listed are Central Time Zone* Continuing education credits will be offered for tax specialists.
Wednesday, 11 November 2020
7:00 am Welcome & Opening Comments
Linda Ibrahim, Chairman, IADC Tax Committee; VP Tax & Governmental Compliance, Vantage Drilling
7:05 am Middle East & SEA Tax Update
Moderator: Andromeda Myers, Nabors Corporate Services, Inc.
Tax update on several countries in the Middle East & Southeast Asia regions. The discussion will cover changes in laws, share non-tax considerations worth noting, how companies structure tax efficiently, and more.
- Alena Kovalova, Senior Manager, Energy Natural Resources Lead for Middle East & North Africa, Deloitte LLP
- Rob Bentley, Perth Tax Market Leader, PwC Australia
- Sanjay Grover, Leader of Oil & Gas Tax Practice, Ernst & Young India
- Wadih Abu Nasr, Head of Tax for Saudi – Levant region, KPMG
8:05 am Tax Accounting
Moderator: Jaqueline Carvalho, Diamond Drilling
An update on tax accounting issues, providing examples of best practices and advice on practical methodologies that companies can adopt to enhance existing procedures.
- Krystle Kort, Tax Senior Manager, Deloitte Tax LLP
- Jeff Hiller, Senior Manager, KPMG
- Maria Collman, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Scott Dolina, Managing Director, Ernst & Young
9:05 am Break
9:15 am BEPS2.0/OECD Pillar 2
Moderator: Shawn O’Brien, Mayer Brown
Shared expertise on BEPS2.0 and OECD Pillar 2 including areas impacting company operations and creating a reactionary environment for tax departments.
- Herko Koekkoek, Partner, KPMG Meijburg & Co
- Jeremy Sina, Managing Director, Deloitte Washington National Tax
- Niels Muller, Tax Partner, PwC Energy, Utilities & Resources
- Tobias Steinoe, Associate Tax Partner, EY
10:35 am Global Mobility: Patti Wilkie, Principal – National Global Employment Services, Deloitte Tax
Patti Wilkie will provide an overview of the latest trends and statistics in the global mobility area.
11:05 am US Election Update: Speaker to be named
The speaker will discuss what we can expect on the tax front after the results of the 2020 U.S. presidential election.
11:35 am Adjourn
Thursday, 12 November 2020
7:00 am Artificial Intelligence
Moderator: Irina Schatz, Vantage Drilling
Discussion around how tax departments are utilizing artificial intelligence to enhance their processes and gain efficiencies without sacrificing headcount.
- Aaron Pulszis, Senior Manager, EY
- Greg McCord, Partner – Tax Services, KPMG US
- Ronnie Dassen, Principal – Indirect Tax, Deloitte Tax
- Kristen Spott, Tax Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers
8:20 am Europe Tax Update
Moderator: Shilpa Mane, Noble Drilling
The panel will give a tax update on several countries in Europe. The conversation will include changes in laws, share non-tax considerations worth noting, and how companies structure tax efficiently.
- Christopher Naudi, Partner, EY
- Guy van der Heyden, Tax Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Daniel Stutzmann, Partner, Global Tax Reset, Deloitte Tax
- Per Daniel Nyberg, Tax Advisor, KPMG International
9:20 am Break
9:30 am Global Tax Controversy
Moderator: Rob Morris, Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
An overview of challenges faced by companies as they undergo tax examinations with an emphasis on cross-border tax controversy will be covered.
- Hiro Furuya, Partner, National Transfer Pricing Controversy, EY
- Jana Lessne, Managing Director, PwC Washington National Tax Practice, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Kerwin Chung, Principal, Deloitte Washington National Tax
- Mark Martin, Principal and National Leader, Transfer Pricing Dispute Resolution, KPMG
10:30 am Americas & Africa Update
Moderator: Julianne Trahan, Transocean
Tax update on several countries in the Americas’ region. The discussion will cover changes in laws, share non-tax considerations worth noting, how companies structure tax efficiently and beyond.
- Carolina Bottino, Partner, Mayer Brown
- Christian Fucinos, Partner, Deloitte Tax
- Mario Gutierrez, International Tax Services Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Rodrigo Ochoa, Partner, EY Latin America
- Theophile Tchafack, Director, Head of Tax & Legal, KPMG Gabon
11:30 am Adjourn
Friday, 13 November 2020
7:00 am Transfer Pricing & CbCR Updates
Moderator: Gene Tien, Baker McKenzie
Hear the latest developments in transfer pricing and a walk through of the panelists experiences with country by country reporting.
- Lauren Dangelmayr, Tax Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Kelly Hales, Transfer Pricing Principal, EY
- Kim Majure, Principal, KPMG LLP
- Randy Price, Managing Director, Deloitte Tax
8:20 am Treasury Function
Moderator: Rui Gomes, Valaris plc
The panel will discuss certain aspects of the Treasury Function that intersect with the Tax Function, focusing on the complexities that are involved with managing and preserving cash in multinational companies.
- Andrew Hay, Director, Risk Advisory, KPMG
- Chris Daubert, Managing Director, Deloitte Tax
9:20 am Break
9:30 am US Tax Update
Moderator: Karen Najvar, Seadrill
The panel will give a tax update on several issues impacting the US.
- Amitai Barth, Tax Manager, Deloitte Washington National Tax
- David Leeds, International Tax Managing Director, KPMG
- Kristy Ton, International Tax Partner, EY
- Pavi Mani, Partner, M&A Tax, PricewaterhouseCoopers
10:45 am Leasing, Substance
Moderator: Navin Sarda, Transocean
Review the “New Normal” as it relates to substance around the globe and navigate the latest on Leasing Structures and Arrangements.
- Andres Ramirez-Gaston, Global Tax Desk Network – Luxembourg, EY
- Christian Bednarczyk, Partner, Deloitte Tax
- Owen Holladay, Senior Manager International Tax, PricewaterhouseCoopers
11:45 am Adjourn
- Linda Ibrahim, Chairman, IADC Tax Committee; VP Tax & Governmental Compliance, Vantage Drilling
There are four levels of sponsoring: Diamond sponsors, Platinum Sponsors, Gold Sponsors, and Silver Sponsors. Please find the benefits of the sponsor packages below. The conference sponsor will receive high profile recognition before, during and after the conference. Note: no refunds for cancellations of sponsorships will be issued.