IADC’s Drilling Onshore Conference & Exhibition is the only event specifically targeting onshore drilling operations. Drilling Onshore, with its top speakers and panels, explores issues affecting the onshore drilling industry, including technology, management, perspectives on future onshore activity and regulation. The conference will be held at the Hyatt Regency Houston West on 18 May 2023.
2019 Event Demographics
Registrants by Job Title
- Drilling & Completion Engineer
- Quality, Health, Safety & Environment
- Company Owner/Corporate Officer
- Completion Engineer
- Drilling and/or Completion Operations
- Drilling Engineer
Registrants by Company Type
- Equipment Manufacturer
- Independent Oil Producer
- Land Drilling Contractor
- Land/Offshore Drilling Contractor
- Land/Offshore Well Servicing Contractor
- Major Oil Producer
- Offshore Drilling Contractor
- Oilfield Service/Consultant
- Land Well Servicing Contractor
Registrants by Location
We thank you for your support!
The International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC) is a non-profit organization. Income from this event will be invested back into other IADC initiatives we develop to serve the drilling industry to connect, share knowledge, tackle common problems and develop solutions to critical issues in different parts of the world. By participating in an IADC event you will be improving and supporting your own industry.
IADC provides web links as a member service. IADC does not warranty or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, content, or advertisements contained on websites linked to IADC.org or any of its subsidiary pages.
Hyatt Regency Houston West
Address 13210 Katy Freeway, Houston, Texas 77079
Negotiated Room Rate $158/$168
*Discounted room block rate expires on Tuesday, 25 April 2023. Please make your room reservations directly with the hotel prior to cut-off date.
13210 Katy Freeway
Houston, Texas, USA 77079
Complimentary press registration is limited to one (1) person per company. This individual must be a titled editor, writer, reporter or other bona fide editorial representative of a legitimate industry or consumer publication. Publishers and sales and marketing specialists are excluded from this complimentary registration practice and must pay the full conference registration fee to attend an event.
No unauthorized photos, videos or recording allowed.
Recording in any form (audio, video, still photography, etc.) of presentations and/or speakers during sessions, poster presentations, workshops, etc., without the express written consent of IADC and the party to be recorded is strictly prohibited. *Those who do not comply with the Recording Equipment/Photo policy may be asked to leave the premises and barred from receiving complimentary press registration for future IADC events.
Press registration must be received 1 week prior to the event to ensure entrance. Members of the press will be identified with a green press ribbon attached to their name badge.
Need Help? email@example.com / +1.713.292.1945
Thursday, 18 May
7:00 am Registration, Coffee Service & Exhibit Viewing Sponsored by Pason Systems Texas Ballroom & Foyer
7:15 am Speaker Briefing (Speakers, Moderators & Session Chairs only) Texas Ballroom 5-7
8:00 am Introduction & Welcoming Remarks Texas Ballroom 5-7
- Thad Dunham, Director, Government & Industry Affairs – Operations, IADC
- Mike Garvin, IADC Division VP North America Onshore; President, Patterson-UTI Drilling Company
IADC Chairman’s Address: Andy Hendricks, 2023 IADC Chair; President and Chief Executive Officer, Patterson-UTI Drilling Company
8:25 am Keynote Address: Speaker to be named
8:45 am Safety Panel
This panel will feature industry leaders who will share their insight on current safety issues facing the onshore sector including the increase in TRIR.
- Micah Backlund, Director, Health Safety & Environment, Helmerich & Payne
- Cody Ashley, Director of HSE, Latshaw Drilling
- Dirk Kolnsberg, VP, HSE, Patterson-UTI
- Patrick Kearley, Global Vice President, Health Safety Environment and Field Training, Ensign
9:45 am Coffee Service & Exhibit Viewing Sponsored by Pason Systems
10:15 am Engine and Emissions Management Solutions
- Patrick Webb, Director of Marine Products Sales & Service, Wabtec
- Pradeep Annaiyappa, Senior Director ESG, Nabors Drilling
- JT Brady, Continuous Improvement Manager, Helmerich & Payne IDC
- Jamie Sheets, Global Manager – APM Drilling Solutions, Ensign
11:15 am Addressing Non-Productive Time Through Collaboration: Speaker to be named, Transocean
Predictive failures, using technology to change the way we think about maintenance, data analytics.
11:45 am Luncheon & Exhibit Viewing Sponsored by Katch Kan USA Lakeview
1:00 pm Market Outlook
- Matthew Fitzsimmons, SVP, Energy Service Research, Rystad Energy
- Luke Lemoine, Managing Director, Piper Sandler
2:00 pm Texas Tech Training Rig: Denny Bullard, B.S, Instructor, Bob L. Herd Department of Petroleum Engineering, Texas Tech University
2:30 pm Washington Update: Speaker to be named
3:00 pm Coffee Service & Exhibit Viewing Sponsored by Pason Systems
3:30 pm Operators Outlook
Representatives from various operating companies will discuss their drilling plans and future outlook.
- Quentin Dyson, Senior Vice President, Southwest Energy
- Clay Gaspar, Chief Operating Officer, Devon
- Aaron Felton, Chief Operating Engineer, Ovintiv, Inc
4:30 pm Raising your EQ: How Emotional Intelligence Can Improve Your Workplace: Dannelle Newman, Organizational Development Specialist, Helmerich & Payne
During this session, you will learn how to improve your emotional intelligence and become more adept at reading body language and social cues from others.
5:00 Adjournment: Mike Garvin, IADC Division VP North America Onshore; President, Patterson-UTI Drilling Company
Conference Program Committee
- Allen Williams, Helmerich & Payne IDC
- Bill Cobb, Latshaw Drilling
- Bryan Collins, Parker Wellbore
- John Williams, Unit Drilling
- Luke Crownover, Robinson Drilling
- Mike Garvin, Patterson-UTI Drilling Company
- Mike Jagneaux, Energy Drilling
- Nathan McClurkin, Precision Drilling
- Paul Mosvold, Scandrill
- Scott Gordon, Nicklos Drilling
- Scott McKee, Cactus Drilling Company
- Tom Horton, Ensign
- Thad Dunham, IADC
Cost for the 10′ x 10′ space is $1,000. IADC membership required, details at https://www.iadc.org/membership.
The space will be set with a skirted table, two chairs and access to electricity. With the space, you receive one complimentary conference registration and up to two additional registrations at half price. No refunds for cancellations will be issued.
Exhibitors can set-up after 6 pm on Wednesday, 17 May. All booths must be completely set up by 6:30 am on Thursday, 18 May.
You may tear down your booth space after the last break concludes on 18 May.
The exhibitor space is a 10′ x 10′ area. It will be set with a 6′ skirted table and two chairs with access to electricity. Please do not exceed 10′ across, as the space in the exhibition area will be limited.
Wall space for signs/banners will not be available. All signs/banners must be affixed to the table or free standing.
All personnel working the exhibition must be registered. With your space, you will receive one complimentary registration and up to two additional registrations for half price or $175.
Exhibitions at IADC events will be limited to showcasing products and services that advance technology, competency or HSE. Exhibitions centered on recruitment or employment should not take space at IADC events.
Exhibition space is sold on a first come, first served basis! Current IADC members only, please complete and return the Letter of Agreement below to reserve your space.
Interested? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org / +1.713.292.1945
- Bishop Lifting Products Inc
- CAD Control Systems Inc
- Derrick Corporation
- Fluid Systems, Inc
- Forum Energy Technologies
- GD Energy Products
- Gulf Electroquip
- Hardbanding Solutions
- Ingersoll Rand Winch & Hoist/Industrial Air Tool
- INNIO Waukesha Engine
- JD Neuhaus LP
- KatchKan USA
- Kleenoil Now
- Single Supply Source
- Texas First Industrial Corporation
- The Callen Group
- TSC Drill Pipe
- Wabtec Corporation
- IADC Bookstore
- IADC Accreditation & Credentialing
There are four levels of sponsoring: Diamond sponsors, Platinum Sponsors, Gold Sponsors, and Silver Sponsors. Event sponsorships are also available and will be categorized by monetary contribution with the appropriate level of sponsorship. Please find the benefits of the sponsor packages below. The conference sponsor will receive high profile recognition before, during and after the conference. Note: no refunds for cancellations of sponsorships will be issued.