IADC’s Drilling Onshore Conference & Exhibition is the only event specifically targeting onshore drilling operations. Drilling Onshore, with its top speakers and panels, explores issues affecting the onshore drilling industry, including technology, management, perspectives on future onshore activity and regulation. The conference will be held at the Hyatt Regency Houston West on 19 May 2022.
2019 Event Demographics
Registrants by Job Title
- Drilling & Completion Engineer
- Quality, Health, Safety & Environment
- Company Owner/Corporate Officer
- Completion Engineer
- Drilling and/or Completion Operations
- Drilling Engineer
Registrants by Company Type
- Equipment Manufacturer
- Independent Oil Producer
- Land Drilling Contractor
- Land/Offshore Drilling Contractor
- Land/Offshore Well Servicing Contractor
- Major Oil Producer
- Offshore Drilling Contractor
- Oilfield Service/Consultant
- Land Well Servicing Contractor
Registrants by Location
We thank you for your support!
The International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC) is a non-profit organization. Income from this event will be invested back into other IADC initiatives we develop to serve the drilling industry to connect, share knowledge, tackle common problems and develop solutions to critical issues in different parts of the world. By participating in an IADC event you will be improving and supporting your own industry.
IADC provides web links as a member service. IADC does not warranty or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, content, or advertisements contained on websites linked to IADC.org or any of its subsidiary pages.
Hyatt Regency Houston West
Address 13210 Katy Freeway, Houston, Texas 77079
Negotiated Room Rate $158/$168
*Discounted room block rate expires on Tuesday, 26 April 2022. Please make your room reservations directly with the hotel prior to cut-off date.
13210 Katy Freeway
Houston, Texas, USA 77079
Advanced Registration is no longer available. Please see IADC staff onsite at the event.
Complimentary press registration is limited to one (1) person per company. This individual must be a titled editor, writer, reporter or other bona fide editorial representative of a legitimate industry or consumer publication. Publishers and sales and marketing specialists are excluded from this complimentary registration practice and must pay the full conference registration fee to attend an event.
Need Help? email@example.com / +1.713.292.1945
Thursday, 19 May
7:00 am Registration, Exhibit Viewing & Coffee Service Sponsored by Pason Texas Ballroom & Foyer
7:15 am Speaker Briefing (Speakers, Moderators & Session Chairs only) Texas Ballroom 5-7
8:00 am Introduction & Welcoming Remarks Texas Ballroom 5-7
- Rhett Winter, Director, Government & Industry Affairs – Onshore, IADC
- Mike Garvin, IADC Division VP North America Onshore; Sr. Vice President, Operations, Patterson-UTI Drilling Company
8:10 am Market Outlook
Moderator: Rhett Winter, Director, Government & Industry Affairs – Onshore, IADC
- Russell Evans, PhD, Executive Director, Economic Research and Policy Institute, Oklahoma City University
- Ian Macpherson, Sr. Research Analyst, Piper Sandler
9:00 am Social Media Influencing
Moderator: Thad Dunham, Director – Government & Industry Affairs – Operations, IADC
Oil & Gas podcasters to discuss pro-industry social media influencing, why they do it and what their mission is.
- JP Warren, Founder, Connection Crüe
- Jake Corley, Co-Founder, Digital Wildcatters
- Jamie Elrod, Co-Host, Flipping the Barrel, Baker Hughes, Massiel Diez, Co-Founder, Flipping the Barrel, Schlumberger
9:45 am Exhibit Viewing & Coffee Service Sponsored by Pason
10:15 am Regulatory Update: Wayne Christian, Commissioner, Texas Railroad Commission
10:45 am ESG Panel
Moderator: Paul Mosvold, President & COO, Scandrill
These industry leaders will examine challenges, hurdles, and opportunities that face the oil and gas sector in managing the energy transition. Specifically, the panelists will discuss facts and data on tracking, measuring & reducing emissions; the perils of Scope 1 emissions declaring; scarcity of capital for operators.
- Jordan Buss, Director, HSE Assurance, Precision Drilling
- Dan Romito, Consulting Partner, Pickering Energy Partners
- Adam Johnson, Completions Engineer, Murphy Oil Corp
11:45 am Luncheon & Exhibit Viewing Lakeview
1:00 pm Perspectives from the Field
Moderator: Kenny Baker, Drilling Superintendent, Cactus Drilling
Rig managers and drillers will examine a variety of challenges currently faced in onshore operations.
- Tony Dickerson, Rig Manager, Energy Drilling
- Ken Norris, Rig Manager-South Texas, Helmerich & Payne
- Josh Mayne, Driller, Scandrill
- Brad Wilson, Rig Manager, Norton Energy
2:30 pm Congressional Spotlight: Wesley Hunt, U.S. House Candidate for Texas 38th District
Session Chair: Matt Giacona, Director – Government & Industry Affairs, IADC
3:00 pm Exhibit Viewing & Coffee Service Sponsored by Pason
3:30 pm Operators Outlook
Moderator: Mike Garvin, IADC Division VP North America Onshore; Sr. Vice President, Operations, Patterson-UTI Drilling Company
Operators representing various regions will share their perspectives on current challenges and opportunities for the onshore sector.
- Justin Stone, VP Drilling and Completions, Validus Energy
- Kyle Eastman, Drilling Operations Manager, Chevron North America E&P Company
- Drew Limbacher, Chief Operating Officer, Vencer Energy
4:30 pm Adjournment: Mike Garvin, IADC Division VP North America Onshore; Sr. Vice President, Operations, Patterson-UTI Drilling Company
Conference Program Committee
- Allen Williams, Helmerich & Payne IDC
- Bill Cobb, Latshaw Drilling
- Brian Tucker, Pioneer Drilling
- Jim Nicklos, Nicklos Drilling
- Joey Husband, Nabors Drilling USA LP
- Luke Crownover, Robinson Drilling
- Mike Garvin, Patterson-UTI Drilling Company
- Mike Pierce, Ensign
- Paul Mosvold, Scandrill
- Scott McKee, Cactus Drilling Company
- Rhett Winter, IADC
- Thad Dunham, IADC
Cost for the 10′ x 10′ space is $1,000. IADC membership required.
The space will be set with a skirted table, two chairs and access to electricity. With the space, you receive one complimentary conference registration and up to two additional registrations at half price. No refunds for cancellations will be issued.
Exhibitors can set-up after 6 pm on Wednesday, 18 May. All booths must be completely set up by 6:30 am on Thursday, 19 May.
You may tear down your booth space after the last break concludes on, 19 May.
The exhibitor space is a 10′ x 10′ area. It will be set with a 6′ skirted table and two chairs with access to electricity. Please do not exceed 10′ across, as the space in the exhibition area will be limited.
Wall space for signs/banners will not be available. All signs/banners must be affixed to the table or free standing.
All personnel working the exhibition must be registered. With your space, you will receive one complimentary registration and up to two additional registrations for half price or $175.
Exhibitions at IADC events will be limited to showcasing products and services that advance technology, competency or HSE. Exhibitions centered on recruitment or employment should not take space at IADC events.
Exhibition space is sold on a first come, first served basis!
Interested? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org / +1.713.292.1945
- American Block/Southwest Oilfield Products
- Bishop Lifting Products Inc.
- BOP Products LLC
- Columbia Industries
- Derrick Corporation
- Drilling Systems (USA) Inc
- Forum Energy Technologies
- GD Energy Products
- Hardbanding Solutions/Duraband
- Houma Armature Works
- Industrial Air Tool
- Innovative Hydraulics LLC
- J.D. Neuhaus LP
- Kahuna Workforce Solutions
- Oil Works Inc
- Pegasus Vertex Inc
- Premium Oilfield Technologies
- RelyOn Nutec
- SK Petro
- Smith Mason & Co
- TSC Drill Pipe
- Wabtec Corporation
- Well Control School
- Wild Well Control
- Xcel Safety Training Solutions
- IADC Bookstore
- IADC Accreditation & Credentialing
- IADC Advocacy
There are four levels of sponsoring: Diamond sponsors, Platinum Sponsors, Gold Sponsors, and Silver Sponsors. Event sponsorships are also available and will be categorized by monetary contribution with the appropriate level of sponsorship. Please find the benefits of the sponsor packages below. The conference sponsor will receive high profile recognition before, during and after the conference. Note: no refunds for cancellations of sponsorships will be issued.