In an effort to advocate for improved approaches to safety training in our industry, IADC’s Senior Director of Accreditation Operations, Brooke Polk, will be speaking at two industry events this month.
Tuesday, 16 February – Event Link
The Greater Houston Service Transmission Exploration and Production Safety (STEPS) Network promotes safety, health, and environmental improvement in the oil and gas exploration and production industry. The Greater Houston STEPS Network fosters a work environment that relies upon open communication and trust and encourages the growth of the STEPS Network. The STEPS Network is a way for those working in, or directly supporting the exploration and production industry, to:
- Promote a safety culture
- Develop an incident-free workplace
- Share oil and gas best practices
- Develop a network of peer safety professionals
Read more about the Greater Houston STEPS Network..
AESC Winter Meeting
Thursday, 18 February – Winter Meeting Link
The Association of Energy Service Companies operates through a network of national committees and local chapters, who address safety, technology, environmental, insurance, governmental, training, oilfield theft, and other issues of common concern. Recently, they have merged with PESA as the Energy Workforce & Technology Council.
The Energy Workforce & Technology Council is the national trade association for the oilfield services and equipment sector, representing more than 600,000 jobs in the technology-driven energy value chain. Energy Workforce is a trusted resource, advancing member policy priorities and providing targeted workforce development for the entire OFS sector.
At Energy Workforce, we focus on the following key industry issues of our members:
- Innovate Tirelessly: We partner with the industry to find new tools, training and connections to build sustained growth into the future
- Be Visionary: We work with key stakeholders and industry partners to help our members look to the future and find greater opportunity.
- Provide Insight: We convey valuable knowledge to our members so they can make better decisions and meaningfully represent our industry.
- Earn Respect: We represent the entire energy industry and its workforce by promoting the positive impact we have in the world.
- Collaborate Openly: We find common ground among all parties to create win-win opportunities for the industry and the world.
Read more about the various sessions at the AESC Conference