Underbalanced Operations & Managed Pressure Drilling Committee
- Chairman: Mike Vander Staak, Hess Corporation
- Vice Chairman: Martin Culen, Blade Energy Partners
- Staff Liaison: Scott Maddox, IADC
To promote the safe and efficient execution of underbalanced operations and managed pressure drilling worldwide.
- Provide an open exchange of information concerning UBO and MPD through quarterly meetings, annual conference and networking within the affiliated companies.
- Review, edit and author industry recommended practices that apply directly to the use of UBO and MPD.
- Provide recommendations to IADC’s Executive Committee, regulatory bodies and standards setting organizations.
- Create, evaluate and maintain Training, HSE, Well Control, Legislative and Regulatory requirements.
- Provide leadership in the industry to create and promote the most up to date standards and recommended practices.
UBO / MPD Committee Structure
- Committee members are appointed by their IADC member companies to represent them on the Committee. The Committee will elect a Chairperson from within its membership every two years, or as required.
- The Chairperson may serve multiple terms.
- The Committee Chairperson, at his or her discretion, may appoint Vice Chairperson(s) or Task Group Leaders to oversee specific disciplines or issues.
Committee Meetings Policy
- General meetings are open to all IADC members, with dates and locations selected by the Chairperson with input from the Committee.
- The Chairperson may periodically invite non-members to attend when it furthers the interests of the Committee.
- At the discretion of the Chairperson and IADC staff, the meeting or portions of the meeting may be exclusively reserved for Drilling Contractor members.