- Chairman: Bob Burnett, Hercules Offshore Inc.
- Vice Chairman: Michael Mathena, RST Global Solutions Group LLC
The mission of the Training Committee is to promote awareness of training and to facilitate the exchange of information regarding suitable training methods and materials that benefit the worldwide drilling and drilling services industries.
Functions of the Training Committee include:
- Exchanging information regarding training opportunities, methods, materials, and career development.
- Reporting as needed on the training needs of the industry to the Board of Directors.
- Developing recommendations for consideration by the Board of Directors relating to:
- The knowledge, skills and abilities needed by the industry;
- Training methods and training materials; and
- Accreditation of training programs
- Liaison with other organizations having similar interests.
A member appointed by the Chairman of IADC will chair the Training Committee. The Committee Chairman may at his discretion appoint a reasonable number of Committee Vice-Chairmen to oversee specific disciplines or issues (e.g., land safety issues, environmental practices, specific regulatory issues, etc.)
Committee Meetings Policy
General meetings are open to all categories of IADC membership. At the discretion of the chairperson and IADC staff, meetings or portions thereof may be exclusively reserved for drilling contractor members.