European Operations Forum
Forum Steering Committee:
- Joern Madsen – Maersk Drilling
- Eelke Strikwerda – Noble Drilling
- Joep Beyer – KCA DEUTAG Drilling
- Jon Richards – Diamond Offshore
- Steve Brady – ENSCO plc
Information Reference Sources – for download
HSE Case Guidelines
The IADC European Working Group (forerunner to the European Operations Forum) was extensively involved in the development of the IADC HSE Case Guidelines for both offshore and onshore drilling rigs. The Guidelines have become increasingly popular with drilling contractors due to their acceptance by regulators and operators in many areas around the world. The Guidelines provide a framework for developing an integrated health, safety and environmental management system for use in reducing the risks associated with offshore and onshore drilling activities.
Click here for more information.
Offshore Competency Training Programme
The foundation of this programme is a common standard for personal offshore competency. This will enable marine and rig crews to undertake specific courses, based on the training matrix, which are acceptable to all nations. The aim of the programme is to provide the ability to move freely across national borders, demonstrating the right degree of competency.
Click here for more information
To promote commitment to health and safety, preservation of the environment and advances in
drilling technology in Europe.
To act as a focal point representing our member interests in Europe, with Governments, the European Union and other organizations.
- Enhance the understanding of the European Drilling Industry;
- Work with European Regulators in developing workable national and region wide proposals taking full account of Drilling Industry views;
- Contribute to continuous improvements in European Drilling industry operations;
- Be the focal point to which governments and others refer on European Drilling issues;
- Disseminate relevant information to our Members.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling
- ENSCO plc.
- KCA DEUTAG Drilling
- Maersk Drilling
- Noble Drilling
- Northern Offshore
- Ocean Rig
- Odfjell Drilling
- OGDC Nafta Pila
- OGEC Krakow
- PNIG Jaslo
- Rowan Drilling
- Seadrill Management
- Stena Drilling
- Weatherford Drilling International
Sphere of Regional Activity
- Czech Republic
- Faeroe Islands
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom