Thank you for attending the IADC Subsea BOP Workshop!
Presentations are available solely for the use of conference attendees.
People downloading PDFs are not authorized to use the slides in presentations.
All PDFs were created using Adobe Acrobat 8.0
The IADC Subsea BOP Workshop, organized under the auspices of the IADC Future Technology Subcommittee, will first seek to identify BOP-related problem areas for operators, drilling contractors and OEM, and foster discussion among BOP technology developers and users. The half-day event will feature presentations representing operators, drilling contractors and OEMs, followed by an interactive panel discussion.
Workshop Mission: To identify industry challenges and future technology needs of deepwater BOP equipment.
- Identify BOP-related challenges of Operators, Drilling Contractors and OEMs.
- Foster discussion between BOP technology developers and users.
- Discuss whether BOPs are safety devices or operational tools.
09.30 Registration & Coffee
10.00 Welcome and Introduction
Dustin Torkay, Technical Superintendant, Seadrill Americas, IADC Vice Chairman – Future Technology
10.30 Operator’s Perspective
Helge Ørgersen, Leading Adviser, Well Control Equipment, Statoil
11.00 Drilling Contractor’s Perspective
Per Wullf, COO & Executive Vice President, Seadrill Management AS
11.30 OEM’s Perspective I
Mel Whitby, Director, Industry Relations and Technology, Cameron Drilling Systems
12.00 OEM’s Perspective II
Bob Judge, Director, Product Management, GE Oil & Gas
13.30 Technology presentation 1: Explosive Shearing
Andrew Pettitt, Global Business Development Director, SPEX
13.50 Technology presentation 2: BOP Monitoring
Henrik Sivertsen, Consultant, Scandpower
14.15 Coffee Break
14.30 Interactive Panel Discussion
- Helge Ørgersen, Leading Adviser, Well Control Equipment, Statoil
- Per Wullf, COO & Executive Vice President, Seadrill Management AS
- Mel Whitby, Director, Industry Relations and Technology, Cameron Drilling Systems
- Bob Judge, Director, Product Management, GE Oil & Gas
16.00 Concluding Remarks & Wrap Up
IADC provides web links as a member service. IADC does not warranty or endorse
the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, content, or advertisements contained on websites linked to
www.iadc.org or any of its subsidiary pages.