Drilling Industry Training Accreditation System
The Drilling Industry Training Accreditation Systems (DIT) offers a variety of accreditation opportunities for training institutions, providers and programs.
The purpose of DIT is to:
· Provide review of and recognition for providers or training products.
· Ensure that similar courses conducted by different accredited establishments for the same purpose meet the same minimum standards.
· Ensure that, when distance learning or other techniques are used, the resulting courses are properly harmonized with the course objectives.
· Ensure that, when courses cover the activities of several different disciplines, persons with the required amount of expertise are brought into the training system.
· Ensure that specialized courses or products focus on transfer of practical knowledge and that the participant is not exploited for the purpose of sales opportunity.
Available types of accreditation are:
· Individual course offerings – instructor-led classroom or laboratory/workshop courses
· Electronic course offerings – computer-based training or distance learning products